Our save the dates are being shipped, which means they will go out this month! I’m so excited. This wedding planning thing is going pretty smooth so far (knock on wood). I’ve got my dress, the photographer booked, the venue booked and in May I get to take a trip to the wedding site and taste and see everything else there is the choose from. Being engaged is so fun. Switching from saying “boyfriend” to “fiance” is kind of hard but I say the right one 85% of the time now.
But quiche is what I’m here to talk about today. I have always loved it but this year has been the first I’ve made my own. This is another one of those recipes that can be tweaked to yield many different favor combinations. Recently I’m loving broccoli and roasted cheery tomatoes. If you want to make this meal quick, don’t make your own crust, use a pre-made refrigerated one (not frozen).
- 1 pie crust
- Vegetables or filling of your choice
- About 1 cup shredded cheese such as sharp white cheddar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup dairy
- salt and pepper
Building your quiche:
- Place your pie crust in the pie plate
- Grate enough cheese to cover the bottom of the quiche. Use a cheese that is known for melting well, like medium-sharp cheddar. The cheese goes in first because it allows the crust to fully bake and not get soggy from the egg mixture.
- Prepare and cook all filling components (example: steam broccoli, roast tomatoes)
- Place filling in pie crust on top of cheese.
- Beat 3 eggs with 1 cup dairy (milk,buttermilk or half and half), salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over everything.
- Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes
- Let cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
Cheese + Filling + Egg mixture = Quiche (In that order)
There you go! A great dinner and leftovers make an excellent breakfast!