Kale’s popularity is at an all time high right now. And that’s a great thing! It’s an excellent source of vitamin A, C, B-6 and important minerals our body needs to run. One of my favorite ways to eat it and curb my unhealthy snacking is to make kale chips. It’s so easy and the delicate salty snack always hits the spot. So…go for it, make some!
1 bunch of fresh kale (organic preferably)
- Pre-heat your oven to 275 degrees
- Tear the leaves into bite size pieces being careful to avoid the rib (stem)
- Place the kale into a mixing bowl and give it a couple good swirls of the olive oil
- Use your hand (I like to leave one hand dry for emergencies) to massage the oil into all the pieces of kale
- Give a couple generous shakes of salt and garlic powder and continue to massage
- Place on a baking sheet
- Bake for 20 minutes
You will be surprised how is shrinks down. You’ll be wishing you made a double batch! Enjoy this healthy snack and let me know how yours turn out. Enjoy!